While God created the 7th day for rest, this TV Momma uses it for meal preps.
Working crazy hours in the television business can lead to bad eating habits. That’s why I try and make one (sometimes two) meals on the weekend that are simple, healthy, and can be reheated during the week for lunches or dinners.
This week I’m sharing an easy Greek Chicken Bowl recipe.
**Tip: I combined the chicken and marinade on Saturday night making it easier prep work on Sunday.
- Combine ¼ cup olive oil, 3 TBS minced garlic, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1 TBS red wine vinegar, 1 TBS dried oregano, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, and salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Mix well and add chicken breasts to mixture. Put in fridge overnight (or at least 2 hours).
- While the chicken is in the fridge you can make the cucumber salad. Cut 2 cucumbers, red onions, and cherry tomatoes. Mix with 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2 TBS olive oil, 1 TBS red wine vinegar, ½ TBS minced garlic, and ½ tsp dried oregano. Set aside.
- To make the tzatziki sauce, mix 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 English cucumber (finely diced), 1 TBS minced garlic, ½ TBS dill weed, 1 TBS lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, and salt and pepper (to taste). Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Cook brown rice as direct. Divide rice mixture evenly among your containers.
- Drain remove chicken from marinade.
- Add oil to skillet and cook chicken about 3-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan and let cool. Cut chicken into bite size pieces once cooled.
- Place on top of rice mixture.
- You can add the cucumber salad and tzatziki sauce to the bowl or keep it separate if you’d like to reheat the dish.